Guys! This month I read so many books. And I really loved almost everything I read! This month I read a grand total of 15 books! A round of applause, if you please because this is a new personal record for me! So let me break it down a little for ya. I read:
- 5 Middle Grade, 7 Young Adult, 3 Adult
- 1 audiobook, 2 Graphic Novels, 12 Physical Books
I have no idea what caused me to be such a voracious reader last month. I think a bit of it had to do with the fact I knew I’d have an organic/biochemistry refresher course for May and reading will have to take a backseat. So my body/mind just naturally consumed books like they were peanut butter and chocolate (which is the best combination in history). I learned a few things this month.
- Percy Jackson is AMAZING and maybe I don’t dislike MG as much as I thought. Can’t wait to read more Riordan.
- I am not a graphic novel person. While I can appreciate the beautiful artwork, I can’t get into it. At least I tried and now I know this about myself as a reader.
- Neil Gaiman is a legendary audiobook narrator. And Norse Mythology has way more comedy than I previously believed.
- I have joined Samantha on her Falling Kingdoms bandwagon. That story is like crack.
- A List of Cages mentally destroyed me. Please read this book.
In April I read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians complete series by Rick Riordan, books 1-3 in the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes, Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough, A List of Cages by Robin Roe, Red Rising by Pierce Brown, Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten, The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen/Jamie McKelvie by John Allison/ Lissa Treiman Whitney Cogar Matt Wilson , Clayton Cowles, Giant Days
How was your reading month for April? Have you read Rick Riordan and which series should I start now, Magnus or Apollo? I hope to have reviews up for some of these soon!
2016 Books Read: 27/20
CR: Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
Brian on Fire by Susannah Calahan