I have an obsession with watching book hauls on youtube. They are my crack cocaine. So I thought I’d do one myself. Now bare with me, because I’m not totally sure how to do this in text form. This book haul consists of purchases from January-March.
HERE WE GOOOOOOOO.
This was my very first order from Book Depository! I kinda lost the plot and just went nuts. At this point I’ve already read most of these. You guys already know my obsession with The Selection series.
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown was recommended vehemently to me by a coworker, and I have seen it all over the book sphere so I thought I’d at least try number 1 in the series. Hoping to get to this one next month.
- Okay so The Isle of the Lost. I have seen occasional commercials on the Disney Channel for the movies and the tv show. The idea of a book about the kids of the Disney villains? I was hooked. But then I started one. These are so hardcore not for me. Couldn’t get to 100 pages on the first one.
- Between Shades of Gray was recommended to me by Samantha and Anna and HOLY CRAP THE FEELS. It was such an amazing story. I had no idea these events even took place. So eye opening.
- Furthermore has a beautiful cover and is a very lyrical and magical fairytale like story… but I didn’t love it. I know, unpopular opinion but….. maybe middle grade isn’t for me.
- THE ILLUMINAE FILES ARE EVERYTHING. I LOVED THEM BOTH.
These are my book of the month selections as well as three I picked up from Target. I have been wanting to read Brain on Fire for a while. A Study in Charlotte and The End of Oz were both signed first editions. :)
Amazon order! Again… I went a little crazy again.
- You Don’t Know My Name has been receiving a lot of buzz around the book community. I don’t know a ton about it, but I do know it’s a YA spy novel. Um… yes please!
- I have been longing to try Colleen Hoover. I’m not a big contemporary gal but I want to expand. I picked two at random and ended up with Too Late and Ugly Love. I know Ugly Love has a RN in it so that’s cool!
- Six of Crow duology because… yeah.
- The two XFiles novels because I’m a big nerd and never want it to end.
- The Valiant is supposed to be so amazing. I can’t want to get started. Female gladiators sounds so fantastic.
- And the first three in the Falling Kingdoms series! Samantha tells me they are amazing and I’ve heard they are like a YA Game of Thrones and I obsessed over those books.
- Percy Jackson. I’ve never read them! I know, I know!
So that’s it… for now. How did this work as a Blog Haul?! Let me know and let me know if you have read any of these and which is your favorite. See ya!
2016 Books Read: 27/20
CR: Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
Brian on Fire by Susannah Calahan