Book tag time! We are all gonna attempt to do this tag together, since technically we were all tagged as the collective “Girls at Spines & Covers” I just love the sound of that!
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post.
Three Things About Me/Us:
Hollye: I feel like Anna and I just did this with our intros so I’m trying to do different facts.
- I just got accepted into grad school! This fall I’ll be starting the Nurse Anesthesia program at Texas Wesleyan University.
- My dog has more Instagram followers than I do.
- I died three times when I was 15. I had a really bad car wreck and was in the hospital for about 2 months.
- I am from Tennessee the land of Summer and Winter in one week!
- I am a shortie – only 4’11”.
- My favorite beverage of choice is….COFFEEEE.
- I want to be a professional 3D Animator.
- My birthday is on the first day of summer.
- My name isn’t actually Anna gehehehhehe *gasp plot twist*. It’s my pen name (I wrote a book), but I just use it everywhere.
Questions we were given from Rhea at Rhea Reads
1. Why did you start blogging?
Hollye: I started a personal blog at the end of last year mostly so my family would be able to keep up with me. Around this time I also discovered the beauty of bookstagram and my eyes were really opened to the world of book blogs/vlogs/reviews. I wanted to be a part of that world.
Samantha: I started blogging a couple of years after stumbling upon BookTube. BookTube introduced me to the online book community. It took me forever to realize that book blogging was a thing, but once I did I wanted to get started right away. And the rest is history!
Anna: I had been following bookbloggers and tubers for quite some time and at school we got an assignment to make a blog to learn about the whole system behind making money by blogging etc. My friend and I decided to make a book blog together and that’s how it happened!
2) If you were to meet your favorite author, who would it be and what would you do?
Hollye: J.K. Rowling. It will always be her. Even if I share that answer with a million other people. She is my queen. My love of reading started when I was very young, but reading The Sorcerer’s Stone at age 11 made me into the person I am today. I say that without embarrassment. And I would probably sob/scream/giggle maniacally.
Samantha: Stephen King. He isn’t my most favorite author ever, but he writes some craziness and I’d love to sit down with him to get in his head. Sometimes authors write such craziness (awesomeness?) you can’t help but wonder where on earth they came up with certain ideas.
Anna: It would be Sarah J Maas. She is my biggest rolemodel and the reason why I started reading and writing. We’d probably fangirl about all her sexy male characters together.
3) What is a popular book [series] you hated?
Hollye: I hate Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and the 50 Shades Series by E.L. James.
Samantha: Three Dark Crowns. Sigh. Everybody seems to love it but me – it was not my favorite at all.
Anna: Red Queen. I liked it the first time I read it, but than I forgot like 90% of the book by the time the second one came out, so I reread it and only got about 150 pages in before I just could not continue.
4) What is your most memorable book blogging moment?
Hollye: Getting asked to join Samantha at Spines and Covers, duh!
Samantha: I think it is a tie between when I got my own custom design, or after about two year of blogging. After two years or so of blogging, I realized I don’t have to be so picky about schedules and other things that way it would stay fun! We can be so hard on ourselves sometimes.
Anna: When I got my first email from an author asking me if I wanted to review their book.
5) What book are you most anticipating for 2017?
Hollye: ALL THE BOOKS! This year is an amazing year for new releases. Honestly. We would be here for years if I listed every one, but right now I’m really excited for Valiant, Caraval, Freeks, and The One Memory of Flora Banks… and Nemesis.
Samantha: Let’s see Carve the Mark, Blood Rose Rebellion, and The Song Rising to name a few. But I agree with Hollye, I am so exicted this year because there will be some awesome new releases!
Anna: A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN AND THRONE OF GLASS 6 I NEED THEM LIKE YESTERDAY
Who We Are Tagging:
1. The Ladies at ThriceRead
2. Cait over at Paperfury
3. Mallory from leaningtoweroftomes
4. Christina at girlinthepages
5. Rachel from confessionsofabookgeek
6. Ava over at bookishnessandtea
7. Cátia from thegirlwhoreadtoomuch
If we tagged you and you complete the post please comment the link below! We need to know your answers!
Our Questions for Those Tagged:
- You are trapped in a blizzard and must burn a book for warmth. Which book?
- Which series do you think should have ended sooner than it did?
- What are your reading goals for 2017?
- What series are you most ashamed for not having finished yet?
- Do you prefer ebooks or physical books?
- How many books are on your TBR right now?
- Which book did you expect to dislike but was pleasantly surprised by?
- Do you own any bookish merch (like necklaces, buttons, clothes, anything like that?
Our Favorite Posts:
Hollye: Probably my OwlCrate Unboxing. It was my first OwlCrate, my first unboxing, and my first post. I feel like it hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves. lol
Samantha: I’d say How Do you Get Comfortable Reading in Bed? It was funny but also very true!
Anna: I think my The Art Of Being Normal review. It was the first review I posted on this blog and I just really loved the book.